About the project
The Carers cafes are based on the mental health wards across Gwent. The aims of the service is to provide a range of information and advice relevant to carers, including information on mental health conditions, mental health legislation, training opportunities, Carers Assessments, and benefit entitlements. All the above give carers the knowledge and skills to continue in their caring role and have a life of their own.
Dewis Cil offer Advocacy support, and the Care Collective support the older adult wards.
- offer carers information and support at times of crisis.
- Arrange meetings between ward staff and carers, to facilitate communication and mutual understanding.
- Act as an advocate to ensure the voice of the carer is heard.
- Through the cafe offer the opportunity for peer support, reducing a sense of social isolation.
- Refer on for Carers Assessments
- Signpost to other avenues of support.
Eligibility / Referral Process
Carers of individuals with mental health problems including dementia