About the project
Caniad works with the Cardiff & Vale University Health Board – Mental Health Clinical Board and Mental Health Services. The service aims to give people with lived experience of mental health services, whether directly or in a care-giving capacity, the opportunity to get involved in the design, development and delivery of services. We want to ensure that those who use mental health services have a voice.
• The opportunity to have a voice and be heard
• Information about support services
• Involvement in service improvement
• Involvement in recruiting new staff members
• Support to become engaged within this process
• Incentives for co-produced engagement Caniad is available across Cardiff & The Vale.
There are several existing involvement groups with more currently in development. The service is available in English and Welsh. The service can support individuals if they: For a copy of our referral form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07970 436 204. Once you have been in touch one of our team will contact you and arrange to meet you. At the meeting we will tell you more about Caniad and ask you about what you would like to get involved in. Where is it Delivered? Who is Eligible? How to Get Involved Caniad offers:
• Have a lived experience of using adult mental health services in the last three years.
• Are a carer or family member of someone who is using or has used these services, in the last three years.
• Want to contribute to services and support improvement for the benefit of all.
• Are over 18 years old and live in Cardiff & The Vale
Eligibility / Referral Process
Experience of mental health services, whether directly or in a care-giving capacity.