About the project
Bridgend Bridgend Seibiant Service has been devised to support the carers of those who suffer with mental ill health indirectly and directly. Through providing one to one support to the cared for supporting their recovery based upon Recovery Progamme. Promoting the empowerment and independence of the cared for. In turn promoting the independence and empowerment of the cared for through reducing the need for a carers role.
Each carer and their cared for who access the service will receive a holistic and person centered approach to help them with the individual and unique circumstances they face. Pproviding support mechanisms enabling carers and the cared for to manage current circumstances. While developing their skills and knowledge to be more empowered and enabled to address these matters or others more effectively in the future. Promoting further sustainability to a person’s role as a carer and to the management of their own welfare. Throughout each individual case the team will support each individual within their own capabilities and level of comfort providing more or less support as required in relation to the task at hand.
The service will deliver this working within the following ways:
- 12 support sessions offered to the cared for within a maximum of 6 months
- Support offered within the 12 support sessions to the carer
- Support with Emotional Wellbeing
- Support with Physical and Mental Wellbeing
- Support with Financial Wellbeing
- Support surrounding Accommodation
- Support with access to Education and Training
- Support surrounding Spiritual, Cultural and Religious beliefs
- Sign posting to services within Bridgend to meet specific needs
Eligibility / Referral Process
Carers who would be provided a short break by the service supporting the cared for.