About the project
To prevent the transmission of Blood Borne Viruses (BBV) through the provision of sterile equipment and information on the risks associated with sharing injecting equipment, and advice on routes of drug ingestion other than injecting.
To increase awareness of the risks and harms related to injecting drug use including bacterial infection and risk of fatal/non-fatal poisoning.
To provide a means of safe disposal of used injecting equipment.
- Safer injecting advice and information.
- Provision of sterile paraphernalia and safe disposal of used equipment.
- Provisions of condoms.
- Health promotion (Blood Born Virus/Safer Sex information)
- Overdose prevention/response advice and information.
- Naloxone/Prenoxad training and supply.
- Access to Hepatitis B, C and HIV testing and Hepatitis B vaccination services.
- Dry blood spot testing.
- Brief interventions, e.g. Motivational Interviewing.
- Onward referral to other services where appropriate.
Eligibility / Referral Process
People aged 18 years and older who have been or are affected by substance use.
No appointment or referral required to access this service.
40 St James Crescent,
46 Talbot Road, Port Talbot
15 Victoria Gardens, Neath