About the project
Funded by Cardiff Local Authority, aiming to increase the wellbeing of adult carers who’s cared for, who have been impacted by mental ill health. The service aims to deliver on several fronts listed below, as well as supporting the Local Authority in achieving best practice towards carers.
- Increasing number of Carers Assessments
- Increasing number of reviews of Carers Assessments
- Increasing the social and health wellbeing of carers
- Develop specific information for adult mental health carers
- Support the Local Authority to deliver prudent care
Through 12 weeks of one to one support the team seeks to improve the overall wellbeing of carers who access the service through the interventions below and more:
- Information and advice
- Adferiads Wellbeing Programme
- Emotional support
- Sign posting and introductions to specific support services
- Access to the Mental Health and Money Advice Service
The service works directly with all 5 Community Mental Health Teams in Cardiff. The service also provides a monthly carers group which is held at Chapter Arts in Canton and The Bridge Between Community Centre in Barry.
Eligibility / Referral Process
Residents of Cardiff who have had a carers assessment by the Local Authority.