About the project
Bridgend Core & Cluster.
Is a registered service regulated by the CIW.
The scheme consists of a Core House and 4 Cluster flats.
The Core House in Park Street is a 4 bedroomed Terrace House, and the 4 one bedroom (Cluster Flats) are in Maesteg.
The project offers in the Core House temporary supported accommodation for up to four individuals.
The four Tonna Road Flats (Cluster) – Individuals have a tenancy with Hafod Housing Association. Individuals in Tonna Road have either stepped down from Park Street or from Hospital or other 24-hour projects. Enabling individuals to live more independently in the community whilst still receiving a level of support from the same staff team.
Core House Support Needs – Support offered is to promote recovery and independence. Support plans are completed and reviewed with each occupant, a minimum of quarterly. The current main support needs are to: -Teach independent living skills,
- Healthy eating,
- Assertiveness (to keep one safe),
- Gain meaningful activities, interests, training, education, seeking voluntary and employment opportunities.
- Alongside is the emotional support provided by staff.
Cluster Flat Occupants Support Needs range: –
- Staff helping with reading letters,
- attending appointments and other housing related support as assessed in support plans.
Eligibility / Referral Process
Adults over 18 with a lead need of Mental Health, who are eligible for Housing Benefit and who are under Secondary Mental Health Services.
- Individuals who have been identified as needing support in a number of areas to enable them to independently manage their housing.
- Referrals are open to Ward 14, Princess Wales Hospital, Bridgend and the Community Mental Health Team. Each referral has to be discussed and agreed in the Bridgend Local Authority Accommodation Panel.
- Referrals to Adferiad’s Service Manager must be accompanied by an up to date Care and Treatment Pan (CTP) and Risk Assessment.
The Service Manager and Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) will arrange an assessment meeting with the potential individual to ensure their needs can be met by the Bridgend Core and Cluster Project.
- If & when the decision has been agreed by the Bridgend Local Authority Accommodation Panel, to offer you a placement, The Adferiad Recovery Service Manager / Registered Manager will contact you and your Care Coordinator to meet, organise a move in date.