In 2021 we asked people to have their say on Adferiad and to tell us the kind of charity we should be, what aims and goals it should have, and what it should stand for?
With lockdown restrictions easing at the time, we organised a series of 23 local events where people could meet up socially with colleagues and friends and decide how to make Adferiad a great success.
Adferiad’s trustees and senior management invited all our stakeholders – clients, members, carers, staff, volunteers, supporters and funders – to share their aspirations and help shape the then new organisation from the start. People we asked to help us by…
- Joining conversations on social media on Facebook or Twitter
- Taking part in a survey on-line or in person
- Talking to staff at their local Adferiad Recovery service
- Attending one of our 23 local events across Wales and Lancashire
All the local events will had an informal and fun vibe and included activities, refreshments, and Adferiad Recovery-branded gifts to help you spread the word. The events also had a special “Talk to Adferiad” space where people could convey their views on video, make points visually on a graphic wall, or talk to staff and volunteers who were there to record views and opinions confidentially.
In particular we were asking:
How can Adferiad…
- Make the most of its expertise in mental health, substance misuse, and support for carers?
- Develop its wider brief for people with complex needs?
- Campaign for real change in the lives of our clients?
- Tackle the stigma around mental health, substance use, and other complex needs?
Following the campaign we produced a report which you can download at the link below